These are the beers that have given me the worst hangovers whilst living in Asia:
1) Chang – On my first night in Thailand I drank about 5 or 6 large bottles of this brew without having any dinner or water to re-hydrate. Needless to say my first morning in Thailand was spent in the very near vicinity of my hotel toilet. Every time I drink this beer in any quantity I always wake up around 5am suffering from mind-blowing headaches, hallucinations and a very dodgy stomach. Some people swear by it but I swear at it.
2) Tiger – Tiger is a beer that I quite enjoy to drink, especially on draught. However every time I indulge in this beer I find myself with a hangover of varying proportions the next morning. The scale of the hangover is relatively mild but incredibly annoying as Tiger is one of a small number of decent tasting beers that are widely available throughout the region.
3) Singha – The few times that I have been able to drink a large enough volume of this beer I have always arose the next day feeling like complete shite. I don’t like the taste of the brew and only drink the stuff if it is offered to me free of charge.
4) Cheers Beer – I have never EVER drank enough of this “beer” to have been able to achieve a state of hangover but it is so foul that I am certain it must be a headache inducing and stomach churning experience.
5) Most Thai Beers – Nearly without exception most Thai brewed beers seem to be very good at giving hellish hangovers. Maybe it is something to do with the low quality brewing process, ingredients, distribution etc etc…………
ENTER THE BEER CLOUD
8 Years with Asian Beers (1) American Beer (2) APAC (2) ASEAN (4) Asia (2) Asian Beer (4) Asian Beer Drinkers (1) Asian Beer Web Review (6) Australian Beer (1) Beer Awards (1) Beer Jokes (1) Beer News (15) Beer Research (2) Booze Blogs (8) Brazilian Beer (1) British Beer (4) Burma (1) Calendar Girl (2) Cambodian Beer (20) Cheers Beer (1) China (2) Chinese Beer (15) Dutch Beer (2) English Beer (3) German Beer (7) Heineken (1) Hong Kong Beer (3) India (1) Indian Beer (3) Indonesian Beer (1) Irish Beer (1) Japanese Beer (6) Korean Beer (5) Lao Beer (14) Laos Beer (1) Malaysian Beer (2) Mandalay Beer (1) Mexican Beer (1) Mongolian Beer (2) Myanmar (1) Myanmar Beer (2) Myanmar/Burmese Beer (5) North Korea (1) Opinion (26) Phillipines Beer (4) Pyongyang (1) Singapore Beer (7) South East Asia (2) South Korean Beer (1) Taedonggang Beer (1) Taiwanese Beer (1) Thai Beer (43) Vietnam Beer (7)